Idle Drop

When my car (Focus ZX3) idles and the air conditioner compressor comes on there is a significant drop in rpm. Feels like the engine is going to shut off. I have taken it to Moss Ford in San Bernardino two times. The first time they charged me $275.00 to replace a line they say was crimped. Two days later it did it again. I took it back and they said it was the compressor and changed some valve for the airconditioner for $150.00. Guess what? It does it again. Should I take it back to them to get it fixed right? NOT! This is disgusting. Got the paperwork to prove it. Jerry Goffman

Reply to
aflyguy25

Hi sounds that this problem has nothing to do with this two items. The CPU that manages the idle gas consumption is not properly regarding the drop of rpm because of the ac working which would need more gas for the additional work that is to do. Maybe You need a correction of the software that this CPU is running. bye Jupp PS: my Geman Focus TDI is dropping also when engaging the ac. But only for one or two seconds, then the CPU is correctly responding to the change of power needed to get the right rpm.

Reply to
Josef Erbs

In message , aflyguy25 writes

You should take it back and get a refund for the work they have carried out to fix a problem which does not exist. It's normal for the engine rpm to drop and then recover when a load is applied (i.e. aircon or high electrical load). As long as the engine doesn't actually stall then its nothing to worry about. Is seems like you have been ripped off for $425.

Reply to
Paul Giverin