Idle problem on 2.0 Focus (UK)

I have a 1999 Ford Focus 2.0i Ghia. When you come to stop the revs stick at approx 2000 rpm for a few seconds and then die away so that the car is struggling to keep running. Sometimes it cuts out altogether. I have changed the plugs and leads and today have had a new idle control valve fitted. The fuel filter was changed just 6,000 miles ago. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Reply to
Sean Peacock

Either you have a split in the intake hose between AMM and throttle body, or the new ISCV is still sticking.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Or its the wrong inlet manifold. Some 2.0l cars from this date were fitted with the manifold from the Mondeo which caused exactly this problem. Mine had it and the manifold was changed under warrenty problem solved.

Reply to
Andy Lee

Totally correct, however if it was the wrong manifold, the car would have these symptoms straight away- from new.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thanks for your replies. It turned out that it was a split in the intake hose that I had not spotted. This has now been repaired and is working fine.

Thanks for your help

Sean.

Reply to
Sean Peacock