Oil

Next month I have to pass the anual check in my focus 2.0 130hp.
I am tired of paying ford semisynthetic oil as gold, so I was planning in buying the oil in other place and taking it to the ford dealer to change it.
I have been checking some oils today and I found that the ones that are supposed to be the best ones, do not compply Ford specifications. In the manual says you have to use ACEA A1/B1 and if you use ACEA A3/B3 the engine won't start smoothly and it could damage the engine. Strange, it sounds like they don't want you to use another oil than Ford, even if they are better oils.
What do you think? I was thinking in buying the newest Mobil1 5w50 (is pretty hot in Spain).
Kind regards Carlos

I think you are reading your manual wrongly. ACEA A3/B3 is a higher specification than A1/B1. Perhaps your manual says that using a different viscosity will effect your engine? I would think that using a 5w50 oil in a hot climate would be fine.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website

Isn't that because ACEA A3 and B3 are for higher viscosity oils (basically the thick end of SAE 30 and thicker) while A1 and B1 are for lower viscosity oils (basically the thin end of SAE 30 and thinner)?
What oil specifications are recommended for your car?
Timothy J. Lee