Nissan Micra K12 Oil

Hi,

My other half has recently bought a 2005 Nissan Micra 1.2. I went to the local car spares place and bought all the bits to service the car.

I completed all the work today and then when I sat down tonight I just happened to check the oil spec. The garage supplied me 10/40 oil and i've just read that it should be 5/30.

Can anyone tell me which one is correct(the handbook only lists specs which mean nothing to me)?

If its wrong I will get some more tomorrow and change it again, it was pretty filthy so changing it again wont be a bad thing.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Kirky

From Autodata:

Oil grade cold climate - 5W/30 Synthetic Oil grade moderate climate - 10W/30 Oil grade hot climate - 20W/40

Oil grade (alternative) moderate climate - 10W/40

Classification - API/ACEA - SJ/A2

Based on that, it should be fine.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

thanks for that Chris, was worried I'd be changing it again!

Rob

Reply to
Kirky

nissan specified 10/30 on the first k12's than changed to 5/30 later.

10/40 is fine though. I've always stuck 10/40 magnatec in ours.
Reply to
chris

Reason being they were hoping to quieten slack timing chains which rattle at cold startup!!

Reply to
Tim..

Hi all,

I own a Nissan Micra k12 1.2 petrol 59kw.

I don?t find any 5w30 engine oil with Acea A2. Why?

Besides, could you recommend me one?

Thanks!!

Reply to
jleoncpi

castrol magnetec is c2 5w30

Reply to
MrCheerful

A2 is an obsolete spec, go to A3

Reply to
MrCheerful

Hi, I have a nissan micra k12 1.2 80PS petrol a would like like to know which is the correct oil for my car. Thanks.

Reply to
jleoncpi

Read the owners manual, section "Recommended fluids/lubricants and capacities".

Or Halfords will tell you.

Peter Hill

when it comes to oil it can be critical, aspecially in more modern engines as , the wrong viscosity oil can jack up valve lifters and give the impression of a snapped chain or belt.

now with an older engine such as this k12 , c3 should be fine. , but you should check your hand book too as they're is always strange variants that are missed.

Reply to
amg3243

El viernes, 22 de mayo de 2020, 7:43:21 (UTC+2), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com escribió:

Good morning,

My Nissan Micra K12 petrol 1.2 80PS 2005 handbook shows that recommended oil is 5w30 A2. This Acea code A2 is discontinued, and was replaced by A3/B3/B4.

The problem is that I can't find any 5w30 oil which has an Acea A3/B3/B4, all I see are C3 and C4.

Reply to
jleoncpi

have a look at the chart at

Robin

have you noted the date on thispost

Reply to
critcher

21st of May 2020. Obviously he?s tagged it on to an old post but this question is new and perfectly valid.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

but jleoncpi was asking about oil on 19/07/18.

2 years is kinda a long time to not know what oil to use and he had zombied a thread from 2012 that had a full and complete list of oils to use. (That you contributed to) So has he been putting off the oil change for 2 years? What did he put in it last year?

Peter Hill

A lot of disproportionate Micra centric questions come to this newsgroup, almost like there is an something out there that guides them here.

What is it, a mention in an FAQ? a usenet-webforum gateway on a micra site?

Or folks collective experiences of having their car radio code decoded?

Can't just be google...

(googles)

Ah, maybe forum mentions on

Adrian Caspersz