radio reception

My 2000 Focus gets very poor AM radio reception, also static whenever I apply the brakes. Was told it might be a faulty antenna. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Reply to
K. Stocker

Yes.

I had it fixed once under warranty. They ran new antenna wiring. It's happening again, Someone here gave me advise about the connection on the bottom of the antenna. But I haven't done anything yet, especially since I now have Sirius satellite radio (thanks to my financee, what a wonderful Christmas gift). Google the group and you should be able to find the advice about the antenna.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Yes, same probelm here, get a T20 or T25, remove the inside dome light, and mounging bracket, you will find the bottom of the antenna mount, the dealer here just loosened the connection, twisted it around and tightened it up testing the connection while tightening it, until the noise stopped. Someone posted here a while ago that he soldered the connection of the wire to the lugnut type connector and that fixed the problem also, haven't tried that myself so can't verify how effective it is.

If you remove the bolt from underneath, the antenna will fall on the roof, so you may need two people to put it back, unless you have a sun roof.

Reply to
Me