Re: 2.0 Zetec vs. 115hp TDCi

It was 50 - 70 mph in top and 5th. Anyway, the ST170 is in a whole different price class than the TDCi, and beyond what I want to spend. A fair comparison would be the 2.0 Zetec to the TDCi, which was my original question.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Swiss alpine passes are a large part of my driving. I'm starting to get bored of winding my MX-5 or Corolla GTi out in every gear to make decent progress.

Thanks for the valuable comments.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

*************************************

!!

You are a very, very lucky chap, indeed! :)

Enjoy whatever Focus you get - let us know how the TDCi does in the mountains! ;)

Reply to
DervMan

prolly will be better than petrol car cos the turbo counteracts the lack of oxygen at higher altitudes. (more or less) so performance will remain strong.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Diesel engine is heavier than gasoline. When I was in the Ford dealer, a girl came with his 2 weeks old car with problems in the front brakes. I looked at the rear and of course it was a tdci. Don´t ask me what it is, but it is like this.

Reply to
Carlos Focus

40 - 60kg maximum. If that is the true cause of the discs wearing prematurely, Ford has bigger problems in their design team to worry about. I highly doubt it, or shall we all leave our passengers at home?
Reply to
Stephen F.