9.00x16 military tires (NDT)

Does anyone know if these tires will fit on a stock '86 F-250?

Since this is a "wood getting truck", a little rubbing at the front in turns is not a huge issue.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
teddl

If it has 16" rims, they should work. Best make sure they're not dry rotted and DOT approved if you're going to hit the road at all.

Reply to
Steve Barker

They will clear fine BUT: The last military vehicle to use the 9.00X16 was the M715 5/4 ton truck 4X4. That truck left military inventory in the early 70's replaced by the M880 and M890 series 5/4 tons made by dodge, basically a modified dodge D-200 and it had

10.00 X 16.5 tires, and they were not NDT. The NDT tires are not tubeless, and will not work on rims designed for tubeless tires, the bead is different. The M715 used split rims, the rims were six lug, stud size was 1/2". They are lousy on pavement and even worse on wet roads, think slicks in the rain They are skinny as hell, and memory says the diameter was 29" (I got short legs, and could straddle them when repairing them) They do not handle high speeds, the M715 had a top end of 58 mph, max convoy speed was 50 mph, or what ever the slowest vehicle was capable of back then. The M151 series 1/4 ton truck used 7.00 X 16 tires. The M35 series 2 1/2 tonners used 9.00 x 20 tires.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

if these tires will fit on a stock '86 F-250?

Thanks for the replies!

I guess I will stick with the more conventional tires.

Reply to
teddl