Re Removal of screen sticker

Folks

I have a sticker from last April which is stuck fast on the inside of the windscreen.

I have tried boiling hot water and even the wife's nail varnish remover. All will not shift it !!!

Has anyone a good idea to shift it !!! Before someone does it, no, selling the car is not a good idea !!!!

All the best.

Dee

Reply to
Deebrief

Mark Olson

WD40 is very effective at disolving sticky stuff. Used it many times for this purpose. Though... be careful not to use too much, and you will also need to get something to get the WD40 off the screen once it's done its job!

Gary.

Reply to
Gary

It would likely not be a water-based adhesive. Remember, the object is to solve (dissolve) the adhesive it, not wash it.

I don't smoke, but I keep a can of cigarette lighter fluid (no, not butane) on hand for removing label glue. Works a treat on most labels, because it's a solvent for whatever they seem to use for adhesive. Plus, it doesn't add something *else* that also needs to be cleaned up, as using a lubricant would.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

What's a windscreen? If you mean windshield (USA) try a razor blade.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudolf Moehs

And they (Americans) wonder why the world dislikes them........

Rudolf Moehs wrote:

Reply to
John Smith

I, an American, w>> What's a windscreen? If you mean windshield (USA) try a razor blade. >>

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

I don't - and I know he doesn't, but unfortunately most people (including myself at times) generalise, and this is for them....

I don't - well I hope he doesn't.

Reply to
John Smith

Further - I'm Australian and we have more than our fair share of ignorant know it alls here too - but I was replying to the person who wrote that smartar$e correction...who was an American....

John Smith wrote:

Reply to
John Smith

Nor do I, but it looks like others do. Actually, I figured he (the other USan) just awkwardly wrote, "If that's what I know over here in the US as the windshield..." I don't generally chalk up to arrogance what's usually just poor writing. Unless I just feel like raising a stink, which I usually don't. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

you mean the hood?

Reply to
Gandissy

In message , Rudolf Moehs wrote

The bit that sticks up at the end of the bonnet.

Reply to
Alan

Someone once said that the UK and USA are "two nations divided by a common language".

For the benefit of any of our friends "over there" who don't know their windscreens from their bonnets see:

Wealright

I dont know if it works for you but I have had pretty good luck with removing parking stickers by heating them up with a hair drier and they peeled off easily.

ahmet

turkey

Reply to
bumblebee

Should have mentioned this earlier

Eucalyptus Oil - removes almost ANYTHING - smells great too and is good for the environment!!

bumblebee wrote:

parking stickers by

Reply to
John Smith

Wow, I can't even begin to figure out what's going on in this thread but I surely didn't make my response with any intension other to try to help with a question someone had. I'll mind my own business in the future.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudolf Moehs