Re: UK 1.8 Zetec electronics go haywire.....

My other half has a 1.8 Zetec I have a Mk3 Tdi Golf. I'm posting a reply about my golf. I was having ECU problems and turbo boost related problems. In an attempt with my limited mechanical knowledge I simply disconnected the battery, counted to 10 and reconnected it.

Lo and behold problems sorted. I guess the ECU just need a reboot, so to speak.

I realise that my problem wasn't Ford related, but my solution might help solve yours.

Dave

Reply to
Khamelion

Thanks to everyone who gave me some pointers in solving this. The problem has not re-occurred since my last post and lo and behold, the central locking remote operation is working normally. The car drives just the same as always and I am doing a 600 mile round trip over Easter so am hoping all is well. If you hear nothing from me about this, it is all ok. Still feeling a bit apprehensive that it will stop again,....... Thanks again for all the advice Justin

Reply to
Justin Case

Let us know how you got on when u get back!

MC.

---------

Reply to
Mark C.