Rear Brakes

I ordered the New Chilton Ford Focus 2000-2001 Repair Manual so I could
change out the rear disc brakes and guess what the new book shows. Rear
brake shoe replacement only. No rear disc in book. Damn
Reply to
Ronnie
My UK 2000 V reg has rear discs, one one each wheel, yep, front and rear. Might be part of the comfort or performance (not the real names of the packs) I got mine with both packs but I do believe that they are standard on the 1.8 Zetec without the packs
Reply to
Justin Case
I changed the front disc out a couple of months ago and it was real easy, however the front brakes are a little different and I wanted to make sure I did it right.
Reply to
Ronnie
Which goes to show you, posters should say where their car was made. A US 2000 Focus with rear disks would be a rare car.
Reply to
Tony Wesley
If you have ABS and traction control then you will have rear discs 9 times out of 10.
Tim..
Reply to
Tim..
No they don't. You have to have the Handling pack- ABS and traction control which was a £1000 option when the car was new (on a 99 UK car)
Tim..
Reply to
Tim..
....although 99-00 cars seem to have no pattern as to weather discs or drums were fitted with ABS...
Tim..
Reply to
Tim..
Just looking at the Ford Focus brochure dated March 2000 (yeah, I know it's a bit sick keeping it...... but I knew it would be useful one day). It shows that:- Under the Option packs there is the "Reflex Pack - Anti-lock brakes (with rear discs in lieu of drums on 1.8i), traction control and front side impact airbags*." This pack is marked as an option available on CL,Zetec,LX and Ghia. On the Zetec 2.0i and the Ghia 2.0i rear discs are fitted as standard.
Paul's is no freak but his car doesn't feature in this brochure as far as I can see - rear discs only came with the anti-lock brake options/models. I think this was discussed at great length once before................
ps I think the inclusion of UK or US or Canadian or Dutch etc in the subject line would be an excellent idea. Gets a bit tedious reading something which doesn't apply to my own model or interests............ Life's a bugger eh??
Thanks again to Paul and Tim for all their input, excellent reading
Justin Case
ps The spellchecker just came up with Septic for Zetec and GHQ for Ghia !!!!!
Reply to
Justin Case
..
Perhaps not in the UK, but as you can see from my mail, I'm German, like my Focus.
Mine has the traction control, but it is AFAIR an option, unless you have a 2.0l.;)
Reply to
Michael Heiming
I have 2.0l ghia 1999 on a V plate and i,m pretty sure rear discs came as standard along with the abs and traction control (only standard on this spec)
Reply to
ned flanders
[...]
Yep, mine too. However it would be a good idea to mention where you/your Focus comes from. Mine is a german one (2.0l Ghia 1999), it looks from this and other threads, that not all Focus are the same, even if the have the same engine and are from the the same year, depending on the location they were built.
Reply to
Michael Heiming

Site Timeline Threads

  • Purchased a demo 2002 5spd ZWT with 19k. The initial test drive was fine except...

    Ford Focus