Running on 3 cyls

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

As a matter of interest how much did it cost to have the work done?

I had a coil pack and a set of new plugs fitted by Essex Ford a few weeks back and it cost £207.

Reply to
Alan

Cost =A3120.00. Ford main dealer, Chipping Sodbury. South Glos.

Reply to
rustytramline

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

Thanks, this confirms that I've been ripped off by the Essex Ford dealership.

Reply to
Alan

For anyone interested, the coil pack I replaced cost £72.80 including VAT - this was a Ford part from a non-Ford supplier. The plugs were NGK and cost £5.95 each from the same supplier. The leads were Bosch at £24.99 from Halfords. The plugs were an easy fit and the fitting instructions specified that the plug gaps should not be changed from standard. I'm sure a Ford dealer would have charged me a lot more for the parts and I think labour is at least £75 per hour in my area.

Reply to
Gren

Sorry, but I got the prices quoted above wrong - didn't read the invoice properly! They should have been £57.02 for the coil pack, £18.05 for 4 plugs and £24.99 for the leads, all prices including vat.

Gren

Reply to
Gren

=== This may not help But!!! In 1980 I had a 400 Cubic inch Ford. (about 6,5 litre) I live in Canada. I had problems with a mechanic repeatadly doing a short test on each bank (V8) The result was a blocked cat that refused to work correctly. I was told to run the car for for 60 Miles on the Highway at 75 MPH. (Not legal..) I did that and it cleared the cat out perfectly. Geoff.

Reply to
Gerard Parsons