Speedo / Milage display fault

Hi. Wife's Focus , 5 years old. Had developed a fault... Speedo drops to Nil ( MPH ) and digi mileage counter cuts out. Both intermittently. Any ideas ? Cheers Jeff

Reply to
The Berg

Does engine loose power, or stall if you depress the clutch at the same time?

If so, its the VSS or its connector, located on the diff casing directly below the inlet manifold.

Very common fault.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

No . Any other ideas ? Best regards Jeff

Reply to
The Berg

Actualy the wife says the car is spluttering a bit at times ? Would this be the same fault i wonder ? Cheers again Jeff

Reply to
The Berg

Yes, more than likely.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I just went though a similar experience with my 2002 Focus SE.

It was a bad vehicle speed sensor.

The only time it noticably impacted the motor was once when I was in stop and go traffic I had it stall on me. Otherwise the car ran fine.

Reply to
Jack