Still Order 2003?

I called (4) Ford dealers and (3) said too late to order 2003 and (1) said no problem and reconfirmed it. Any thoughts? Mike

Reply to
Mike Horrocks

The one that said OK is probably a dealer that has a "standing" order that hasn't been built yet so they could change it... kind of like a reservation to build a car. A local dealer was going to do for that for me except I found what I wanted at another dealer...since I'm an employee's daughter they wouldn't dealer trade for it. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Well, I got my answers. I called the Ford factory. Apparently, dealers can order only so many of each vehicle. They are actually on allocation. I found out the last 2003 Focus will be built 3 October. They said on 6 October they are building their first 2004. Very few changes. I ended up ordering the Focus ZTW yesterday. They are honoring the $3000 rebate as long as I ordered before 9 July. They are also $500 under invoice. So I am $3500 under invoice. They said if a better rebate came along before I picked up the vehicle, they would give me that. I can not lose. This is a very reputable dealer. Regards, Mike

Reply to
Mike Horrocks

You better double check that "They are honoring the $3000 rebate as long as I ordered before 9 July." The rebate applies when you "take delivery" by the end of rebate date, not order before that date. I just received my new Focus 2 weeks ago that was ordered on May 8th. I was worried about that also.

Reply to
E. Normous Johnson