Timing Belt - Change Required @ 60K Miles

All:

I have a 2000 USA Ford Focus SE. It has

60K miles on the clock and while in for a routine service this morning, the shop has asked me whether I want to change the timing belt for the princely sum of $600+.

I thought that the belts were good for 100K miles or am I wrong? And is $600+ about right to change the belt? Should I shop around?

Cheers, Smethwickman

Reply to
smethwickman

it shoudn't cost you that much by installing a new timing belt.browse over the parts on this site,

youshould find one with discount and far less than what you alloted andprobably save you more bucks for other repairs of your car.

Reply to
heavyonmetal

The recommended interval for the 2001 USA 2.0 Zetec is 120,000 miles.

I think I paid abotu $450, but not sure.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I have a 2000 Focus SE and mine went at around 102,000

And the price you were quoted was a rip-off, I paid about 1/2 of that price at Pep Boys. While you are at it, have them check the water pump, as it is driven off the timing belt -- If the pump was to go later on, you have to basically do a timing belt job again, with the exception of paying for a new belt.

Reply to
Frank