UK focus headlights

Michael,

I don't understand how the *intensity* of the light source would cause a dazzle problem - surely it's to do with the alignment? With due respect to any other posters, the type of person who would normally fit uprated bulbs may not be so careful about making sure their headlamp alignment is correct.

My daily commute is a 28 mile round trip. I work shifts, so at least one trip a day is after dark. I never get oncoming vehicles flashing headlights at me, neither do the drivers of vehicles I follow cover their interior mirrors. The three vehicles on which I have used 80/100 Watt bulbs have had a total of six MOT's without comment of lighting problems so my assumption must be that I am not causing dazzle to others.

I should also mention that a number of vehicle which have 55/60 Watt bulbs in the *cooking* version have 80/100 Watt bulbs specified for the performance derivatives. This can be verified from the listings in Halfords ect.

As someone else in this thread mentioned, the biggest annoyance to me on lighting is caused by those who use fog lights indiscriminately. I have mentioned this to a number of people at work, and not one of them understood the laws on this.

With regard to your final comment, my driving experience dates back to 1962 so comparing then to now I certainly don't feel alone on the road ;-)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Whelan

No they were available as a Ford factory fit extra at a cost of £500 which was money well spent imho

Reply to
Andy Lee

That's another point, 3 out of 10 cars here have at least one reflector fitted wrongly.

However, I don't see the point of headlights with 80/100 Watt, it is simply illegal. What if you dazzle someone while full beam is turned on with 100 Watt, you can't tell it wouldn't dazzle more then 60 W and even fitted correctly, they are much brighter and dazzle more.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Wholly smoke, you drive at what speed in a mondeo????? Don't you find it swirls about al over the place? Terrible suspension. I'm sure that you get used to it, but wow, I'm pulling over in future if I see you in the rear view mirror. I drove one of my firms mondeo with a TDCi engine. I over took a lorry on a 3 lane road, (had to get past quick before oncoming traffic) got to 70 before I knew it, but pulling out and straightening up have past gave me a fright! You never get that with a Focus.

Reply to
Blown Fuse

No, they are pretty good. I you want bad lights try a Peugeot 405 or 306. If you do, take a supplementary torch!

Reply to
Blown Fuse

Nah, it s cause they drive mondeos with crap suspension!

Reply to
Blown Fuse