UK Focus Towbar

Just changing my 99 Focus to new (05) TDCi 115, the last of the old shape. I intend to fit a Towsure tow bar as I had on my old car. However looking at the wiring diagram in the Haynes workshop manual it shows trailer control module and what looks like a 13 pin interface plug.

I assume if you purchase a Ford towbar complete with wiring kit then this will plug straight into this 13 pin plug on the car. Can any one tell me if this is so, and also if possible what the plug pin outs are or if a 3rd party socket for this plug is available so I may interface it with the 7 core wire going to the trailer plug. (Only a trailer not a caravan).

Please reply to newsgroup, thanks.

Mike

PS Would love to buy a Genuine Ford towbar but these are about £250 dearer than others.

Reply to
Mike