Wet wheel well

I have a 2002 Focus flight. After the first service,it has started to leak water into the passenger foot well.I seems to be coming from the centre consul area.It is now out of warranty.Any ideas any one...I was told it may be the pollen filter???where ever that is!!... the focus prone to leaking?? Any help greatly received.. Tony

Reply to
blue screen of death666

The pollen filter is just below the windscreen on the passenger side, it's under the black plastic cover (looking from the front of the car) the bit with dimples on it.

This cover has to be sealed to the windscreen by mastic sealant.

I suggest you take your car back to where you had it serviced and tell them it hasn't been sealed correctly, after the pollen filter replacement.

filter???where

Reply to
shaun

In message , blue screen of death666 wrote

Yep, it's coming in through the pollen (cabin) filter cover

The cover is at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side.

Only when it has been serviced badly

Check the news archives at google groups

Put focus pollen filter in the search box.

Reply to
Alan

filter???where

TSB 02-25-01 Water leaking on Passenger Floor Area

Caused by gap in the cowling around the base of the windscreen.

-- Dan

"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana

Reply to
Dan