Weird water drip

2001 Silverado 2500 with 6.0L.

I have a wierd water drip coming from under the hood. When looking under the hood you can feel water coming form the passenger side near the firewall. Looks like its behind a silver canister thing. Can't really make out where exactly.

This happens when the car has been off and is just started up w/o the ac running or anything else.

I don't know where a water leak would come from.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Tim S.

That's your A/C condensate drain. The evaporator gets cold, water condenses on it, and it drains out through the A/C condensate drain.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks doc.

Your right. I went out and looked closer and saw water dripping out of the tube.

I wonder why it would do it after being off a day, then start dripping after just being started without running the AC?

Anyway, I'm sure it's not a problem.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim S.

Because the condensate continues to accumulate in the bottom of the evaporsator housing even after the engine is off. When you fire it up the next day the wind from the blower motor pushes it out.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"