Where did 5th and reverse gear go?

UK Focus 99 2.0 5 door and driving home today had a lot of trouble getting 5th gear and when I got home found I cannot get reverse at all.

All other gears are ok, no clonking or strange noises....is the box cattled or is it something simpler? Any ideas anyone?

John.

Reply to
JG

I lost 5th on my last '94 Probe when the shifting fork and 5th gear went bad. the dealer wanted ~$500 to fix it as the parts were unavailable from ford, and as a dealer they won't use 'used' parts, ( I have no problem with that, if I want used parts I goto a non dealer garage).

Reply to
me

I think you have to look under de gearshift maybe something has broken in that area

"JG" schreef in bericht news:44993362$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
R. Visscher