Zetec 2.0 whistle and power loss problem

Recently I noticed a whistling sound, under acceleration, coming from the engine area and an associated power loss. The engine doesn't want to make power at higher rpm's and wont pull redline. I realize it is probably a vacuum related problem (whistle) but my initial search failed to locate the offending line.

Has anyone here experienced a similiar problem and succesfully sorted it out?

I dont believe it's related but I recently had a shuddering problem in reverse and intermittent power loss. The engine would drop two cyl's and several heartbeats later pick them up again. Eventually the engine only ran on 2 cyl's. It turns out the coilpack wiring harnesses are too short. Mine fatigued and broke one of the three wires leading in to the coilppack. Ford sells a replacement harness complete with connectors and shrinkwrap.

Reply to
DJD

This will be a broken up cat blocking the exhaust.

If you ran on 2 cylinders for any length of time and/or under any load, the unburnt fuel will have burn out the cat, so yes the two could be related.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..