1986 Ranger 4x4 2.9L Dual Tanks

I have a 1986 Ranger 4x4, 2.9L, with Dual Tanks. I have replaced the fuel pump on the rail but I cant find the fuel filter. Does anyone know where it is? There is a tank selector switch upstream of the pump but nothing that looks like a fuel filter.

Reply to
Steve-WA4CSA

I had the same problem with my 89' F-150 4X4 5.0L Not all models came with a inline fuel filter some only had the in tank. If there is a inline filter it is supposed to be just before the engine in the frame rail driverside(fuel injected models). carburated model it is located at the fuel line inlet of the carburator.

**Note: mine is fuel injected and only has in tank filters from factory.**
Reply to
decision_impaired

I had an 87 Ranger 2.9L 4X4 with a single gas tank. The fuel filter was alongside the frame rail on the passenger side, but it was partially hidden by a sheet metal cover. Follow the fuel lines underneath the truck and you'll find it. It's about the size of a soup can.

Reply to
klutz