dual tanks do not switch and gauge dosn't work

I have a 1986 f-150 and the fuel gauge is inop and the tanks do not switch. I am guessing it is probably the tank selector switch as this seemed to happen all at once. Suggestions?? Diagrams???Anyone know of testing proceidures.

Reply to
Scooter

There was a recall on the valve that switches the tanks. It's under the truck at the drivers door. The switch on the dash switches the fuel pumps, fuel pressure does the rest. On some, if you fill the tank it's running on, fuel will be pumped into the other tank until it starts running out.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:31:26 -0700, Big Al rearranged some electrons to say:

snipped-for-privacy@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

The gauge connections are switched at the dash switch, IIRC. If the gauge isn't working, then I would suspect the selector switch as a possibility.

Reply to
david