fuel pump

I have been noticing a slight decline in performance in my '96 F150, 5.8 4x4, especially when towing. A days ago, it quit on me, cause is the fuel
pump.
My question is, should I see my performance return? I haven't got it back yet, just curious.
I've already replaced all the usual things, plugs, wires, cap, rotor etc.
The first thing I change on my F-150 is the fuel filter..... I now change it every 20,000 miles.....
Dave Lee wrote:

-
That was done just last month, lol, I feel the same way about it.