PCV valve location?

1995 Ford E250 4.9L L6 cargo van 176k miles.

I just bought a new pcv valve for this van with the intention of replacing it, but even after looking at both the Haynes and the Chilton manuals.. I still cannot figure out where the thing is located. The manuals basically just say 'the pcv valve is here' and they show some artist rendition of the valve.. yet with no explanation of where 'here' is.. I've been looking all around the engine compartment with no luck in finding the thing. Would appreciate some pointers and please keep in mind im still a beginner when it comes to this stuff.

thanks again Jay

Reply to
Ford Warrior

I believe the valve you are looking for is to vent the crankcase. I would look for a hose running from the valve cover or air cleaner.

Reply to
marks542004

The vacuum source for any PCV is on the intake manifold. Search the manifold and follow any fairly large vacumm hoses. Should be able to locate the valve at the other end of the hose...

Professor

Ford Warrior wrote:

Reply to
Professor

Should be on top of the valve cover, toward the rear. Take off the dog box & you'll probably be staring right at it.

Reply to
pater

"Ford Warrior" wrote

Autoz PCV VALVE On your 1995 FORD TRUCK E250 3/4 TON VAN, the PCV VALVE is: FRONT SEATING AREA, CENTER, UNDER ENGINE COVER, MOUNTED IN TOP OF REAR VALVE COVER

There's also this diagram of the intake:

# 7 is the PCV vacuum fitting. Follow its hose under the manifold and it should lead right to the PCV valve.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

On my '86 4.9 it was on top of the valve cover in the rear. The engine cover had to come off to reach it.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Reply to
tom