1990 ford f-150 emergency

I have a 1990 ford f-150 as i am driving down the road it shuts off as i am coasting i can put it in neutral and re-start it. then it happens again. In a 7 minute trip to and from work it dies about 5-10- times. this is getting very dangerous. I all most get hit every day because i drive in rush hour traffic.

I beg you if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
dustin.holben

ignition module and fuel pressure come to mind first..do you have check engine light on? if so, getting the codes may narrow it down. lucas

ds549

And stop driving it before you get yourself and some poor innocent killed.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If it is really shutting down when you use the brakes, you need a Brake Booster.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland