1992 Ford Festiva solid lifter/ rocker arm/tappet noise

Hi,

I have a 1992 Ford Festiva (carburetor engine) and i cant fix the engine ta pping noise, my mehcanic told me i need to replace the cylinder head, so we replaced it with a full assembly of cylinder head but the noise was still there... regarding oil pressure, my gauge did not show any abnormalities, i 'm suspecting probably i need to change the oil pump as well but am not sur e since there or no abnormalities at the oil pressure gauge. All bearings a re already new including the piston rings, but the noise is unnerving... th e noise is loud when cold but somehow reduces when its hot am using Castrol GTX 20W50 because its quiet hot here in my country.

Any suggestions how to fix this? do i need to sell my car or engine swap?

TIA,

Erwin

Reply to
esolmayor

check the exhaust system !

run motor, have extra throttle up down while you place foot against pipe/muffer

Reply to
avagadro7

20W50 is pretty heavy oil, even if it is hot. The point of multi-weight oil is to be thin enough to adequately lubricate the engine when cold, but not thin out too much when the engine is hot.

Try 10W40 or even 5W40 for one oil change and see if it makes a difference. I bet it will. 10W40 should be good enough for about any temperatures.

Reply to
David Chamberlain