1997 Mazda truck external mirror question

I bought a used 1997 Mazda B4000 in January. 4.0 L, 5-speed, 4WD.

The right-side mirror is driving me to distraction -- it won't stay adjusted. It gradually slips out of adjustment - takes a week to ten days to slip out of adjustment -- it slips out of adjustment so that the top edge of the mirror is tipped down too far.

How do I open the mirror housing and tighten it? I have tried stuffing foam weatherstripping around the mirror inside the housing but that doesn't stop the slippage.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe S.