1998 Ford F-150 three door.

My cruise control stopped working one day while driving. My question is is their a relay or transistor or an electrical component that would cause this, I was told there is one behind dash above steering Column.

I asked in auto stores if there is such an animal all said no. Fuse is good wiring etc. I would think the switches on steering column that controls cruise control is bad?

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Reply to
Doug