1999 ford ranger

I had to replace the rear split frame on my ranger. Everything went fine I replaced the fuel pump all the grounds the relays but, I couldn't get and p
ower to the fuel pump. I ran a ground from the battery still nothing. the t ruck was down 6 months and I never was able to get the truck to run. So I t ook a positive wire from the battery ran it too a toggle switch then to the fuel pump and the truck runs fine. Has anyone got an idea what I should lo ok for
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 10:16:52 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I replaced the fuel pump all the grounds the relays but, I couldn't get and power to the fuel pump. I ran a ground from the battery still nothing. the truck was down 6 months and I never was able to get the truck to run. So I took a positive wire from the battery ran it too a toggle switch then to t he fuel pump and the truck runs fine. Has anyone got an idea what I should look for
? the electrics switch to ground.
aux electrics switch to ground
except maybe the dome light.