1999 F150 power window question: Where are the other 1 or 2 mounting bolts?

Can someone point me to where the third or forth bolts are too remove the power window motor on my 1999 F150?

I drilled out where the dimples were but the other 1 or 2 are a mystery

Reply to
Native

It took 4 exploritory holes but I found the third bolt!

Not that I have the thing out, now what?

Reply to
Native

At Sun, 03 Nov 2013 15:20:00 -0500, Native rearranged some electrons to write:

Ummm... fix it?

Reply to
David

clean it....hook it to the batt n run it....put a short pipe to it and your ear...sound fnny ? hahaha...shaft wiggle ?....doesnlt turn ? runs hot ?

goes ERRRRRRrrrrr...

drag it over to Koffer's n find a replacement.

Reply to
avagadro7

The cover on the gearing is revited. The motor has two bolts to detatch from the regulator.

I suppose I have to purchase the upper part rather than rebuild it

Reply to
Obama's Legion of Flash Mobs

GNAW....go to the Ford dealer's parts counter...clean it first...the motor...put it on the counter and ask him what you need...ask to look at the exploded diagram on his screen.

if 2 units are revited chances are its really one unit.

there's an official Ford truck forum and a Ford Pickup truck forum and prob a 150 forum....try there.

remeber to lube the window slider once or twice a year. I use silicon grease meant for bicycle chains. Its too heavy but sticks good.

clean the fuzzy window frame sliders with dry toothbrush, soap n water, dry, silicon. The rubber seals ? clean with p-towel/silicon/credit card. lube with silicone. betcha never did that.

Reply to
avagadro7

avagadro7

Thanks

Reply to
Native

At Mon, 04 Nov 2013 06:42:26 -0500, Obama's Legion of Flash Mobs rearranged some electrons to write:

I had to read this about 4 times to understand what you meant by "revited". RIVETED.

You can drill out the RIVETS and replace them with screws and nuts, if you are so inclined. However, it's likely that the replacement part is the entire motor/gear assembly, and not just the motor. So BEFORE you do that, follow the advice of another poster and take the whole thing to the Ford dealer parts man, and ask him what parts of this thing he can get for you.

Reply to
David

Thanks...I was hoping to find a used motor/gear assembly on Ebay or somewhere local

Reply to
Native

O O O O O

THERE'S COMPETITION for window motors....deal is how long a production run ? 1995 to 2006 ? OK but 2006 is how many years ago...7 ? count em on the ro ad.

I know several slightly crunched vehicles waiting for parts but the donor v ehicles are non extant..except for maybe Chobocca Flats, Eastern Painted De sert....

when you put it in, use blue Loctite on clean threads, lube and silicone al l sliders, clean n inspect bottom door maybe paint with rusto, clean all ca bles n lube entry points with sil grease, waterproof connectors with liquid insulation or dielectric grease or both.

Reply to
avagadro7