1999 F250 gauge cluster...but wait there is more!

Hello All,

Could someone please tell me where the body control module is in a 1999 F250 Super Duty 4x4 5.4L? Does it have anything to do with the gauge cluster?

Incidentally it appears that the gauge cluster does not work most often when it is wet out. I also noticed that sometimes when it is not working I hear the interior chime go off when I go around a corner. I cleaned every ground terminal that I could find, but no joy yet.

I am suspecting that I am getting water in a connector, or it is loose but I do not know where. One time I could have sworn that I saw the gauges jump when I released the parking brake.

BTW I unplugged the ECU and the gauges started working. Go figure. Obviously the gauges are independent of the ECU. According to the Haynes manual schematics there is a Generic Electronic Module, but they do not go into any specifics and do not list it in the index.

Plugging a scangauge into the OBD2 port allows me to read most of the gauges (except gas and oil pressure).

Gary

Reply to
Gary Ober

If I wiggle the fuse the gauges go on and off! I am stupid for not looking at that before. But now how do I fix it? The fuse feels loose. Can the fuse block contacts be replaced?

Also, does the Auxiliary Power Control Module have any bearing on my ECU problems? (It says not ready all of the time)

Reply to
Gary Ober