2001 Ranger Edge performance

I have a 2001 Edge 3.0L that has had just plain lousy performance since I got it. I have some time and money to put into it now, but really don't have enough knowledge or info to begin - almost all my experience with engines is air-cooled carbureted engines with little or no electronics. What should be on my top-10 reading list to get a handle on how to get more air and fuel into this thing?

Thanks - Mark

Reply to
Mark Sheffield

There are hardly an performance parts for the 3.0, it really doesn't have the bore and stroke to make too much. On the good side, this is a reliable motor, you can get 300k out of one. If you have your heart set on performance, you would be best to sell it and buy a 4.0 Ranger. You won't lose any fuel economy and the power may be enough for you out of the box.

Reply to
Michael O

Reply to
Mark Sheffield