2002 ranger

my ranger has a 3.0 that shuts off at 92 mph does anyone know how to bypass this shut down

Reply to
Charles Morgan

  1. Have the computer reprogrammed

  1. Buy better tires

  2. Don't drive anywhere near me.
Reply to
gw

Strap a rocket to the roof, and light it. Oh yeah, don't forget to have someone video it too. lol

Don't know why you want to go that fast in a Ranger, but, Hypertech, Jet, and a few others have programmers, and chips you can install, some allow you to remove the "limiter" in the computer. You'll have to check around online to find out who's programmer does what.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

That limit is there because given the stock suspension and tires, driving any faster would very likely result in a fatal crash. Note that I didn't say accident. Doing something that deliberately contrary to the design of the truck could never be called an accident. I have a 2002 Ranger and I am convinced that 80 mph is pushing the edge. A tire failure or road irregularity at any greater speed could very likely prove fatal.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I don't believe in accidents, either.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

It's a feature that kicks in when your common sense fails. I haven't messed with mine and suggest you don't either.

Reply to
Scott

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:18:33 -0500, Charles Morgan rearranged some electrons to form:

Slow down.

Reply to
David M