2004 Escape Chime starts at 65 mph and wont quit

For the last couple dayus, a chime, sounds just like the seatbelt chime will start when I exceed 65 mph, and will only stop when I decease to below 65 mph. It is definitely tied to speed and not engine rpm. There are no warning lights, and it happens with both front seat belts buckled. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Happened on three successive days and over about 300 Interstate miles.

Reply to
Michael Wright

My BMW has a Limit feature in the computer that lets me program a Max Speed, speeds above which will set off an alarm. Perhaps your Ford has this feature as well, play with the buttons of the On Board Computer -- the one that displays remaining distance to destination, fuel consumption, that sort of thing.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland