2004 f150 Vibration

Who else is having this problem with the steering wheel? I've had the truck for a little over 3 months and the dealer has had it as long as I have for this problem. They've replaced numerous parts and I met with the Field service engineer today and he told me this is a "characteristic of these trucks" and nothing can be done. BS. Ford is making a bad vehicle and needs to be held responsible for it.

Reply to
zeusdog

I have a 2004 F-150 4x4 and it rides and drives as smooth as can be. They need to fix your problem and quit making excuses.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Dunno...Never had that on the E150 van I drove, and I think the front end was basically the same...Might be a defective, or out of round, rubberized vehicle support unit....Try rotating them and see if any change, if they haven't tried it...MK

Reply to
Mark Keith

Lots of people are having this problem. Reading the various 04 F150 boards, it appears that dealers have tried a lot of fixes but no real fix seems to be available yet. Some people have had their steering column and drive line replaced but the vibration comes back.

The vibration on mine is quite severe from 45 to 65, but I'm waiting to read of a definitive fix before I bring it in. Mine started at about 1500 miles, and I could mix paint if I tied the can to my steering wheel :)

Reply to
gglines

Mine is as smooth as can be. It is a 4x4 equipped with 18 inch wheels and B.F. Goodrich tires. I wonder if the wheel diameter and tire brand could be part of the problem.

Reply to
Mark Jones

I have read threads where people swapped wheels and tires and it did not fix the problem. Hard to say if it is one issue or several. It is certainly taking Ford a long time to figure out the issue.

George

Reply to
gglines

Buying a ford was a mistake you should of bought a dodge. Ford sucks and need to be repaired alot.Quality is not job one at ford and it shows.

Reply to
And Here I Die

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (And Here I Die) managed to spew between huffs of exhaust fumes:

thanks for that extremely valuable contribution. now crawl back into that hole you came out of...

Reply to
wjford

Seems to me English is not language one....

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

from a fukkin webtv user. jeeeeezzzzee what a dweeb.

Steve Barker