2004 Supercrew 5.4L vs 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Looking to buy one of these trucks. Driven both. Both are nice and will do what I want them to do. Price edge goes to Ford. Power edge easily goes to Nissan. Any other issues to worry about?

Reply to
Ihatespam

If there that close, go with the american company.

I find the Ford to have a much better driving position.

Reply to
respk

The teething troubles should also give an edge to Ford. Although both trucks are new, the Ford is redesigned. Nissan didn't have anything to redesign. Ford has been making full-size trucks for 100 years vs. Nissan's 1.

Reply to
Joe

the resale on that Nissan is probably a higher risk than the resale on the Ford. More than enough reason to stick with ole reliable.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Finally saw one of those Titans the other day while on vacation. Man, that's one FUGLY truck!

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

I saw the nissan at a car show a few months back. Seemed nice except that two different handles had already been broken off by the crowd, one in the back seat and one off of something in the bed. Looked like cheap plastic to me. If you can stand replacing the plastic parts when they break, then the two are likely even. Nothing else at the show had that kind of damage and people were in and out of everything there.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Yeah,

I noticed that the outside door handles are cheap plastic and do not feel like they will go the distance.

Reply to
Rob Munach

I have a 2004 SuperCrew and really like the truck. It has 3 glaring faults though:

1) Audiophile radio/CD deck won't play mp3 files. It will play CDs you burn on your computer, but must record in normal CD format so you're limited to 17-20 songs, just like a commerical CD. Ford should be pistol whipped for this one. The sound quality is really good though. 2) You can't hook anything up directly to the radio head unit. The head unit uses a special CANBUS interface, and so far nobody in the aftermarket has been able to crack it yet. That means if you want satellite radio, you have to use an FM modulator which really degrades the sound. You can also spend 1,200 bucks on the DVD player to get RCAl inputs. The DVD player wasn't yet available when I bought my truck a few months ago or I would have done that. 3) Bad vibration through the steering from about 40-65 MPH. Starts about 3,000 miles. Ford has issued several TSBs on this but hasn't been able to fix it.

George

Reply to
gglines