AC/Heater/Defrost Switch Erratic

Newbie here, so bear with me please. The truck is a 2002 E350 Diesel. The problem is the switch that selects floor/mix/ac/acmax/defrost now only blows air out to the defrosters. The air is cold in AC, but no longer comes out of the vents.

The switch shuts off as it should. Is this a bad switch, an air diverter? issue?

Any help would surely be appreciated as it is a work van and leaving it at Ford for 2 days would kill me.

If this is a vague diagnosis, I'm sorry. Ask me some questions if I missed anything and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks in advance.

Harry ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________ The Internets Premier Safe and Security SuperStore. Safes, Key Machines, Keyblanks, Specialty Tools, Door Closers, Hinges, and EVERYTHING else Security.

harry williamson

Pop the hood. Turn ignition key to on. Do you hear the vaccuum pump on the right side? If not, you probably need to buy a new one.

Reply to
Chris Hill

I don't hear a pump. What I do hear is a click from a round plate that looks like its connected to the compressor?. The click is the part pulling in and popping out when the key is turned. This part is located more in the middle to the right than the right. Is this what you are talking about or is the pump cannister like in shape?

Thanks

Reply to
harry williamson