2005 Escape hatch latch

Is the TX45-sized hatch latch post (located on the floor in the center of the rear opening) adjustable? Mine doesn't move laterally at all when it's loosened, and I need to move it to the right about 1/8".

Is it attached to a plate that adjusts instead?

TIA...

Reply to
JonnyCab®

I looked at the one on my '02 and it doesn't look like it moves, either. You might try the 3 screws that hold the latch in the hatch and see if there's any adjustment there, although it doesn't look like it's going to move much. You could try the old factory method of adjustment- when I worked at the Ford assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan, we adjusted the hood and trunk alignment by banging the post with a dead blow until it was lined up the way we wanted it. I don't know if I'd be that brave or not with my own vehicle now, though. Since yours is a 2005, any doors, hatches, etc. that are out of alignment should be covered by warranty. Have you tried bringing it back to the dealer? Just a thought. . . SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

That worked. The lower latch post is definitely fixed on a welded plate, but the three screws on the latch allowed enought movement for a perfect adjustment.

LOL! I would *definitely* not be brave enough to try that.

Nahhh. I'd rather do that myself. It's easy, and I trust myself more than most service people.

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Good deal! Glad it worked for you. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

And thanks for the replies. Much appreciated!

Now I'm bidding on some 2004-2005 Ford DVD shop manuals on eBay.

Reply to
JonnyCab®