4.0L engine oil plug

Is there supposed to be a gasket on the 4.0L oil drain plug? If so, what type? I pulled the oil drain plug and there was no gasket.

Reply to
Clay

Had a Ranger with a 4.0L. The plug was pretty messed up so I got new one It had what looked like a copper washer for a gasket. Don't remember if the original had one or not.

Reply to
DeVere Loralynn

If still OEM there suppose to be a rubber o-ring build into the "washer"

Reply to
JohanB