74 F250 horn bad

Picked up a heap from the VOA and after some time and a bit of money, it is now on the road. Going over last minute details, I noticed that the horn didn't work anymore. Troubleshot it down to the lack of a ground on the steering shaft where the steering wheel mounts. I've got a piece of copper wire acting as a brush now to ground the shaft, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the shaft is supposed to get the ground, or how it is supposed to be. Anyone have a clue?

Reply to
carl mciver