Disco mk1-no horn

No horn-fuses ok-have 12v on switch in steering column-if I earth this horn works,so therefore no earth return through steering colomn. Also indicator arm has stopped cancelling and have found a couple of pieces of broken plastic that look like they used to fit around the colomn centre shaft. Where next? Steering wheel off, any details? TIA!

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

tony p

As long as your brakes work.....

Vince

.. and until the next MOT.

Reply to
Dougal

|| No horn-fuses ok-have 12v on switch in steering column-if I earth || this horn works,so therefore no earth return through steering || colomn.

Or the switch itself isn't making the earth connection to the column.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

tony p

You can get the switchs off without removing the steering wheel. It doen't look like it, but they are plug in.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for that , does the round black plate thate the switch is built on come up through the plastic/rubber surround that would be an airbag in a more modern vehicle?

Reply to
datemas