95 PSD hard starting question

I have a 95 Powerstroke f250 and in the last couple days its not wanted to restart when its been running (for example at the gas station) It turns over like a champ but wont ignite. If I let it sit for 30 min. or so it'll start, but even then the motor has to turn more rotations than normal to catch. I tried to drain water from the filter but none came out. I'm going to walk to the parts store and get a new fuel filter in case that's the issue, but it doesnt seem like a restricted filter would be a sporatic nuisance. It only happens when its been driving for a while. Any leads would be very much appreciated. thanks, chris

Reply to
jove

If your tach is not moving when you crank it it may be a the Crank positioning sensor Check out

and place a post on there forum,there are a lot of sharp guys there that have helped me out alot. Good luck Jeff

Reply to
JSMMV

When you are craking, does the tach register RPMs? If not, change the Camshat Position Sensor, its on the way out.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Arnold