'88 Ranger?

This is a 2.3/4 cyl and the problem is the engine barely reaches operating temperature at 40 degree outside temp. and after going 5 or 6 miles.I have replaced the thermo twice with no change.I need some advice on this.

Reply to
JOE

Your problem is unfortunately, a fact of life with the 4 cyl engine. I had a

94 and I could drive quite a ways before I ever got that engine warm, In the summer this was a blessing, one just can't overheat these. In the winter though, it makes for some cold drives.
Reply to
Reece Talley

My '03 Ranger with the 2.3L gets hot within 2 miles. Typical Ford heater in that you could roast a turkey in the cab with you. (My '75 F100 was the same way)

Plasyd

-- No information is any better than the assumptions of those who gather it. (paraphrased) Theodore Roszak v1.2a r TW 0/0/r tG 0- 0 DSotM 2 0 44.7%

Plasyd

The new ones have midget radiators compared to what you have. Put a large peice of cardboard in front of the radiator, cover half of it and see if this helps. I used to cover the whole damn thing in winter to get heat.

Reply to
Scott