93 Range with 4 cyl, where is my MAF?

Hello,

This pickup has been a little slow to accelerate and I have already put in new plugs and wires. I have seen the posts about cleaning the MAF but don't know where it is.

Thanks!

-- "My grandpappy told my pappy that In My Day, Son, A Man Had To Answer For The Wicked That He'd Done."

Toby Keith and Willie Nelson

Reply to
Scott

It's the aluminum dingus right after the air filter (on my 99 Ranger anyway). You should replace the air filter too if you haven't done so in a while. You need to disconnect the wiring harness and use a torx bit to get the sensor out. Be very careful not to touch nor bend the sensors. (They resemble two small door frames) I sprayed mine down with carb cleaner then dried with compressed air. Check to be sure there is no corrosion that would impair the seal of the metal clamshell, replace and screw down carefully. Don't know what the torque should be; use best judgement. Replace the wiring and enjoy.

Hope this helps

jai

Reply to
J.J. Brinks