94 Ford intermittent start

I have a 95 ford f 150, 4.9l, auto tranny, 104000 miles. Truck runs great however about a month ago it would not start. The motor turns over great but will not start. I had fuel pressure at the fuel rail (checked at the schrader valve on the fuel rail). I can hear the fuel pumps when the key is turned on, even changed the fuel filter, it had been a while. I checked for spark and was getting hardly anything. I put a timing light on it and had a very erractic spark. I changed coil, wires, ignition module, dist cap, rotor, ignition switch (suggested by a so called mechanic). I could not get it to start so I towed it to a garage close by, showed the mechanic what it was doing told him what troubleshooting I had done. Later that day he pushed the truck into the stall hooked up his diagnostic equipment and attempted to start it and it has started every time since. The mechanic was stumped he could find anything wrong (luckily he didn't charge me). I drove it to work today no problems. I drove it on an errand and got back in it and the same thing happened, no start. The first time as I was working on it I never disconnected the battery. I noticed when I picked it up from the garage that my radio presets were all deleted, so I am assuming that the mechanic disconnected the negative terminal from the battery as he was hooking up test equipment. Today I disconnected the negative terminal for about 15 minutes and after reconnecting it the truck started. I am at a total loss. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Any suggestions?

Reply to
Tim Lawson