94 Ranger Power Problem

We`ve got one of the kids 94 Ranger (V6 Standard) in the shop that he just purchased. Did all the levels and brakes but it wont go faster than about 30 Kph(lacking power).Runs nice and smooth at idle. Put the vacuum guage and it read 15 psi which dropped to 0 on acceleration so we suspected an exhaust restriction. Took off the exhaust behind the y pipe and had the same problem. Checked the fuel pressure next and it was low( 30 psi, spec is

30-40), so we changed out the filter and did a fuel flow rate test which was good. The school`s code reader is out to SnapOn for update(No warning lights showing) and we`re beginning to think engine problems so I`m looking for any advice on a direction to take. Thanks Jeff
Reply to
Jeff

FYI Turned out to be a dirty MAF.

Reply to