95 F-150 5.0 Engine Miss

When I parked my truck sat afternoon it was running fine. Started it up Monday morning to go to work and it had a miss. It would not go away (the miss), but does not make a sound like it's a mechanical problem (valve etc.). I checked the wires and they seemed fine. Truck was due for plugs so I went ahead and changed the plugs (new autolites), wires, cap and rotor. Still the same miss. There are no dashboard indications of any problem.

Is it possible that it is a bad injector? Is there an easy way to determine if one has in fact gone bad? It seems the miss is caused by the #2 cylinder and of course that injector is under the intake plenum and virtually unreachable.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated - TIA

Reply to
<rnnm

|When I parked my truck sat afternoon it was running fine. Started it up |Monday morning to go to work and it had a miss. It would not go away (the |miss), but does not make a sound like it's a mechanical problem (valve |etc.). I checked the wires and they seemed fine. Truck was due for plugs |so I went ahead and changed the plugs (new autolites), wires, cap and rotor. |Still the same miss. There are no dashboard indications of any problem. | |Is it possible that it is a bad injector? Is there an easy way to determine |if one has in fact gone bad? It seems the miss is caused by the #2 cylinder |and of course that injector is under the intake plenum and virtually |unreachable. | |Any help or guidance is much appreciated - TIA

With a mechanics stethescope you can hear whether it's working or not. Rig one up with vacuum hose and a length of steel tubing. Just compare the sound it makes (or doesn't make) to the other injectors. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Further investigation shows that it is the #3 cylinder, which unfortunately is still on the side of the block that the intake plenum covers, and is virtually unreachable even with a stethescope.

Thanks

Reply to
<rnnm

Then I guess you are SOL. I have read that the intake (upper) removal isn't as bad as it looks. In fact I ran across a website that detailed the procedure, with pictures. Once there, just replace the injector.

|> |When I parked my truck sat afternoon it was running fine. Started it up |> |Monday morning to go to work and it had a miss. It would not go away |(the |> |miss), but does not make a sound like it's a mechanical problem (valve |> |etc.). I checked the wires and they seemed fine. Truck was due for |plugs |> |so I went ahead and changed the plugs (new autolites), wires, cap and |rotor. |> |Still the same miss. There are no dashboard indications of any problem. |> | |> |Is it possible that it is a bad injector? Is there an easy way to |determine |> |if one has in fact gone bad? It seems the miss is caused by the #2 |cylinder |> |and of course that injector is under the intake plenum and virtually |> |unreachable. |> | |> |Any help or guidance is much appreciated - TIA |>

|> With a mechanics stethescope you can hear whether it's working or not. |> Rig one up with vacuum hose and a length of steel tubing. |> Just compare the sound it makes (or doesn't make) to the other injectors. |> Rex in Fort Worth | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B