95 powerstroke leaking fuel

I bought a 95 f350 crewcab w/7.3 powerstroke. The water in fuel light came on quite often since I got it about 5 weeks ago. When I opened the valve to let the water out usually nothing happened. Sometimes a little fuel would come out but I had to rev the engine to clear the water. Today I noticed fuel leaking underneath. It is puddling on top of the engine and running down and dripping off the bottom of the bellhousing. I thought perhaps one of the fuel lines conneted to the fuel filter may have been leaking, so I picked up a new filter and gasket and pulled the filter canister out. The hose on the bottom was wet and but I couldnt find a leak in it. I replaced it anyway. I pulled the valve assembly off and cleaned it up but that didnt appear to be leaking either. The assembly that bolts onto the right side (return I think) had a lot of dark sludge plugging the strainer ... I cleand the strainer off before I reassembled it but nothing seemed to be leaking at the connection to the filter canister.

I put everything together and it seems to be leaking worse. I dont think any connetions to the canister are leaking. The guy I bought it from said he replaced the injection pump recently. He said that he services a fleet of f350 ambulances and is very knowledgable about the 7.3. There was nothing wrong with the injection pump but he did it as a PM. The pool of fuel seems to be largest directly under the injection pump.....Do they leak when they go bad? The engine still runs strong without any hesitation.

Any Ideas where to go from here would be appreciated.

Reply to
evanvand

Go to this site and ask the same question... I'm SURE you'll get an answer

websurfer

No injector pump on a 95, I question the fellow's knowledge about the 7.3. The above link is great!

Reply to
RJ