'96 F-250 Lifting Opinions/Options

I am doing a quasi-restoration on my 1996 F-250 this summer. It's gong to need a complete front end (ball joints, tie rods, etc) since they are all still original after 220k miles. My question is that while I have the truck apart, I was thinking of adding a 2" lift to it. Has anyone on this group had any experience with lifts? I want to keep the lift to only 2". It it a fairly easy task? Are there different ways of going about it? The kits I've been checking out seem to have a *huge* price difference and I was trying to figure out why? Also, is the steering greatly affected by this? Someone mentioned to me that when a vehicle is lifted, the steering becomes sloppy. Would this still be the case with only 2" ? Thanks for any input and advise you might provide! The Doctor

Reply to
The Doctor

The main reason why folks need to lift a truck is to add clearance to put bigger tires under it. I bet you could upsize your tires to gain 2" of lift and still have plenty of room left in the wheelwells without the need for a suspension lift.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo