Lift options for 2000 Blazer

Hi,

I recently lifted, locked, and regeared my Jeep Cherokee for 33" tires and now my buddy is all jealous that his 2000 S10 Blazer (4-door, not a ZR2) can't get him to the same fishing holes. So he says 'how can I lift it?'

He would be happy with 31" or 32" tires. I'd like to avoid a body lift. I'm looking for any info or suggestions on a suspension lift for this vehicle. I also have some specific questions:

  1. I searched for suspension kits and was surprised at how limited the selection was for the 2K+ Blazer. I see lots of stuff for 19??-1999 S10. Is this compatible with the 2K Blazer? What changed between 1999 and 2000?

  1. I found a 2" Superlift kit (K451) that has front control arms and rear add-a-leaf with extended shackles. Is this a good (complete) kit?

  2. How much tire will 2" susp lift fit without trimming?

  1. Could you fit 31s or 32s on a 2" susp lift with trimming and after market flares? Any recommended flares?

  2. I found a 5" Trail Master kit (CT15) that does a spring-over with the stock leafs. Anyone know if this kit will work with the 2K Blazer? Will I have trouble with steering geometry or drive line angles?

  1. Are there any other suspension lifts out there that will work with the 2000 Blazer?

  2. What differentials does the 2000 Blazer have? Are there any common junkyard diffs with compatible R&P in 4.10 or 4.56 ratio?

  1. I'm very intimate with my Jeep's live front, but I really don't know much about IFS. Any good '101' sites out there on IFS (S10 Blazer specifically) that describe issues with lifting?

  2. Is there a viable solid axle swap for the front? Would it be easier to do leafs or 4-link with coils?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve